I’m glad you’re here! Really, I am! I’m glad you took the time to stop by my blog, but more than that? That you’ve come to learn more about me and why I’m blogging!
This Mom’s Review is my own special place on the web to share with you the things I love! Be it a recipe, a product or a book! (Although if it’s books you’re looking for? You might have better luck at Two Moms Reading – my book blog!)
I have been blessed with some amazing people in my life! My kid sister, my best friend, my neighbor who I rely on way too much! But most importantly? My husband and Kiddo!
I hit the Jackpot – big time – when I married my high school sweetheart! And it just got better 4 years later when Scribber was born!
I met The Trucker back in 1996, and we started “going out” in ’97! We had a bit of a bumpy road when he graduated from high school and moved to Colorado for college – I still had two years before I graduated, and another year to have fun in our hometown before I followed him to our new home! We got engaged in 2003 the night I saw “Freddie vs Jason” in the theater, and married in June 2004.
A few weeks after our 1st anniversary, he left his job and became The Trucker! (Six months later, I got my CDL and joined him on the road for 4 years – until Scribber was 18 months old!) EDIT TO UPDATE: My hubby is now back home! After 9.5 years living as a Trucker’s Wife? I’m now simply a wife. And it’s a HUGE adjustment for us! But definitely worth the stress to have him home full time!
Scribber was the best surprise of our lives! And continues to amaze me on a daily basis! I am lucky enough to get to stay home with this absolutely awesome six year old! Together we hike in the rockies, spend countless hours at the ice arena and dance to the worship team at our church!
As I mentioned, The Trucker and I are transplants to Southern Colorado from Nebraska!
It took me a long time to call Colorado home – it was a bumpy road, but I’m finally there! (And thats’ a story for another page…) But I am finally in a place where I am ridiculously happy and I look forward to waking up each and every day!
- For the past 4 years? I have read an average of 120 books per year.
- My favorite food is my Grandma’s Chili (which I will never reveal the actual recipe!)
- I have had the same favorite song since 1991 – Everything I Do by Bryan Adams
- I am a total Greek Mythology nerd.
- I have been 5’2″ since 5th grade.
- My favorite cereal is Cap’N Crunch.
- I have been in 48 states – I am missing Maine and Hawaii.
- My favorite TV show is a three-way toss up between 7th Heaven, Gilmore Girls and Big Brother.
- I once had tacos for at least one meal a day for 32 days. (Seriously. Tacos are my favorite food!)
- In high school, I made a pair of cow-print pants in a class. I wore them ALL THE TIME.
- I have a closet full of purses.
- I don’t like chocolate.
- I have been blogging since 1996 – at Teen Open Diary!
- I currently blog for All Things Pueblo and Plus Sized Pregnancy as well as here! (And no, I’m not pregnant! I just have a passion for pregnancy, and want to help women have a happy and healthy plus sized pregnancy!)