Recently while wandering through Hobby Lobby with a friend, I saw the Wilton Nonstick Donut Pan! Since the pans themselves are $9.99 and I had my 40% off Coupon in hand? I couldn’t pass this up! I mean, who doesn’t LOVE donuts??
Besides, every Sunday Scribber and I have a donut for breakfast on our way to church! (Since we have to be there at 7am, and are there until 1pm or so.) So wouldn’t it be more cost (and diet) effective if I make my own? So of course, grabbing the pan was a no-brainer! But since then? We have been donut crazy in our house! (Pinterest has a zillion and five amazing recipes too!)
Be far, the winner at our house has been the Pumpkin Spice donuts! And after about six batches? I have perfected our version! (At least in my mind!) And it’s definitely delicious enough to share with you all!!
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 15 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 3/4 cups Flour
- !Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Topping
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie topping
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease Donut Pan
- Combine the oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, spices, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bow, beat until well blended.
- Add in the flour, continue mixing until well blended.
- Using a Piping Bag, Pipe into donut pan until 3/4 full. (You can use a spoon too, but it's a it messier and the top of your donuts come out a bit less even!)
- Bake 15-18 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes back clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes, then tip over onto cooling wrack.
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar mix while still warm.
These donuts were a huge hit in our house! A super yummy, super moist treat!