One of the huge perks of having a good friend in my church coffee shop on Sundays (who takes pity on this Audio Tech and often gives me free drinks) is that my co-worker used to be a barista! Because of her fantastic knowledge, she happily makes me copy-cat drinks that are as good as, if not better than Starbucks!!
The (copycat) Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider is super easy, and made at home it’s a fraction of the price at Starbucks! But I’m cheap, so I’m giving you the “official” recipe as well as my own copy-cat!
If you head over to Starbucks, you can buy a bottle of their Cinnamon Dolce Syrup for $7! Which is the cost of two drinks! But below I’ll give you the recipe I found through trial and error to make your own syrup!
- • 2 Cups Apple Juice
- • 1 Shot Cinnamon Dolce Syrup (or copy-cat syrup - below)
- • Whipped Cream
- • Caramel Topping
- !Copy-Cat Cinnamon Dulce Syrup
- • 1 cup brown sugar
- • 1 cup water
- • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Combine Ingredients in a Sauce Pan.
- 2. Bring to a boil
- 3. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes
- Steam Apple Juice to 140*F (you can also heat on the stovetop, or in the microwave.)
- Place 1 shot (2 TBS) of syrup in your glass
- Add Steamed Apple Juice
- Top with Whipped Cream and Caramel topping